The Metamorphosis Foundation announces a call for applications for participants who would like to attend a three month training for online citizen journalism. Participants will have the opportunity to acquire technical skills for creating multimedia information and to become familiar with the rules for creating online content by training and working with experts in this particular field.
The process of creating citizen journalists will consist of two phases. In the first phase, all selected participants will attend a training for acquiring skills in the field of online citizen journalism, such as:
- Content creation and content publishing on the web: research journalism, rules for writing online content, rules for usability and readability, publishing content on the web.
- Working with online sound recordings: Use of recording equipment, processing audio recordings, publishing audio content on the web.
- Working with online photos: Composition of a photograph, use of various devices for taking photos, processing photos, posting photos on the web.
- Working with video content: Recording videos, video editing, web publishing, creating and publishing slidecasts.
- Social Media: Using social media to identify and find information, promote content, interact and attract audiences.
- Copyright: Basic concepts in the field of copyright, searching online content, Creative Commons
The second phase of the training will be a three month mentoring process, and each participant will be assigned a mentor who will work on the application and improvement of the candidate’s skills acquired during the first cycle. The mentors who will work with the participants are experienced journalists and experts in the field of online citizen journalism.
What is being offered to the participants?
- The free training will provide 10 individuals with the skills necessary for citizen journalism, enabling them to cover information and developments from their areas of interest.
- After the three-month training, each candidate will have the opportunity to work with an experienced mentor in the field of citizen journalism in order to practice online content publishing and to use multimedia technologies for content creation.
- Technical assistance in creating and designing a blog, where the created texts are to be published.
- Promotion of the created texts and their author by establishing partnerships with existing information portals.
- Certificate for successful application of the acquired skills
- At the end of the three-month period, a jury of 10 experts will award three prizes according to criteria such as quality, activity and influence. The prize for third place will be 100 euros, second place will receive 150 euros, and the prize for first place will be 200 euros.
What is expected of the participants?
- The training will be attended by a total of 10 participants who will participate in the complete training process, (September 1, - November 30, 2012).
- During the 3-month period, they would need to publish at least one (1) post per week on their blogs.
- The articles that are to be published on the participant’s blog need to cover one of the following topics:
- Urban planning
- Kauza.mk will be the blog platform.
- Participants will need to communicate regularly with their mentor.
For further information, please contact Ms. Elena Ignatova at
or call 02/3109-325.
The deadline for applications is June 15 to July 15, 2012. (The application process in now closed)